Cautions: Avoid this point during pregnancy.
Location: Meridian Li4 is located between the index finger and the thumb, at the highest spot of the muscle when the thumb and index finger are brought close together.
Location: Meridian St44 – is located in the margin of the web (skin) between the second and the third toes. A mere pinching of skin between the second and the third toe results into stimulation of this point.
Meridian UB 62
Location: Observe the outer aspect of the ankle joint. You will find out there, a prominent bone, called the lateral malleolus. Meridian UB62 is located just below the lateral malleolus.
Guidelines for Beginners:
- Apply pressure. If the points are sore, use less pressure (light touch). If you are muscular or more fat in skin, then you can increase the pressure till it hurts. Pressure should be applied for one minute for each points. Deep relaxation during the acupressure points helps to balance the systems and healing energy within your body.
- Avoid pressing on wounds & cuts.
- Timing. Press for 1 minute on any one point and take at least 4 hour break while pressing the same point.
- Breathing technique. While sitting or lying straight, inhale air counting 188.8.131.52. then keep the air in the lungs counting 184.108.40.206. and then exhale counting 220.127.116.11. Then pause, Do not inhale counting 18.104.22.168. and repeat the process again by inhaling air counting 22.214.171.124.
- Medical condition. Be sure to get medical care. Acupressure can enhance your health and relieve common ailments but it is not a substitute for getting medical attention and treatment. Please see a doctor, and get a second medical opinion, if you have severe health problems.