Meridian EXT 6
Location: Meridian K3 should be observed in the inner aspect of the ankle. You will see a prominent, pointed bone over here, called the medial maleolus. At the back of the ankle joint is a firm rope-like structure, called the Achilles tendon. K3 is located midway between the tip of medial maleolus and the achilles tondon.
Location: LU7 Point is located 1.5 cun proximal to the crease of the wrist.
Cautions: Avoid this point during pregnancy.
Location: Meridian Li4 is located between the index finger and the thumb, at the highest spot of the muscle when the thumb and index finger are brought close together.
Meridian SJ 5
Guidelines for Beginners:
- Apply pressure. If the points are sore, use less pressure (light touch). If you are muscular or more fat in skin, then you can increase the pressure till it hurts. Pressure should be applied for one minute for each points. Deep relaxation during the acupressure points helps to balance the systems and healing energy within your body.
- Avoid pressing on wounds & cuts.
- Timing. Press for 1 minute on any one point and take at least 4 hour break while pressing the same point.
- Breathing technique. While sitting or lying straight, inhale air counting 22.214.171.124. then keep the air in the lungs counting 126.96.36.199. and then exhale counting 188.8.131.52. Then pause, Do not inhale counting 184.108.40.206. and repeat the process again by inhaling air counting 220.127.116.11.
- Medical condition. Be sure to get medical care. Acupressure can enhance your health and relieve common ailments but it is not a substitute for getting medical attention and treatment. Please see a doctor, and get a second medical opinion, if you have severe health problems.