Cautions: Avoid this point during pregnancy.
Location: Meridian Li4 is located between the index finger and the thumb, at the highest spot of the muscle when the thumb and index finger are brought close together.
Location: Meridian Li11 is located from at the outer end of the elbow crease, when elbow is bent at a right angle.
Location: Meridian Li15 is located when you raise the arm forward. A vertical groove can be seen and felt at the front of the shoulder.
Guidelines for Beginners:
- Apply pressure. If the points are sore, use less pressure (light touch). If you are muscular or more fat in skin, then you can increase the pressure till it hurts. Pressure should be applied for one minute for each points. Deep relaxation during the acupressure points helps to balance the systems and healing energy within your body.
- Avoid pressing on wounds & cuts.
- Timing. Press for 1 minute on any one point and take at least 4 hour break while pressing the same point.
- Breathing technique. While sitting or lying straight, inhale air counting 126.96.36.199. then keep the air in the lungs counting 188.8.131.52. and then exhale counting 184.108.40.206. Then pause, Do not inhale counting 220.127.116.11. and repeat the process again by inhaling air counting 18.104.22.168.
- Medical condition. Be sure to get medical care. Acupressure can enhance your health and relieve common ailments but it is not a substitute for getting medical attention and treatment. Please see a doctor, and get a second medical opinion, if you have severe health problems.